WhatsApp is rolling out its new features for Android & iOS users which include Group Catch up, Amin Controls, participant search and more. Most of these new WhatsApp group features have been seen earlier in Beta Version, but these are now made available for all.
New Features in WhatsApp
- Group description: A short blurb found under group info that allows you to set the purpose, guidelines, or topics for the group. When a new person joins a group, the description will show up at the top of the chat.
- Admin controls: In group settings, there’s now a control that allows admins to restrict who can change the group’s subject, icon, and description.
- Group catch up: When you’ve been away from a group chat, quickly catch up on messages that mention or reply to you by tapping on a new @ button that appears at the bottom right corner of the chat.
- Participant search: Find anyone in a group by searching for participants on the group info page.
- Admins can now remove admin permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be removed from the group they started.
WhatsApp has introduced protection so users can’t be repeatedly added to groups they’ve left. These features will be available for Android and iPhone users from today.